My Sword and Shield

 As I sat there on my laptop, staring at the screen for hours, I had the oddest sensation of emptiness. The words that had been my sword and shield for the last 25 years were somehow out of my grasp. It is true what they say, love can cause the most pain when you least expect it. I couldn't stop the tears falling out of my eyes. For the first time in 10 years I was alone. No one to go home to, there was no one to call my own now. But the words still wouldn't come out. I did not plan a memorial because frankly, I didn't wanna share my pain with anyone. But even if I did, who would even come. Flannery O'Connor once said that nothing needed to happen in a writer's life after the age of 20. By then, they'd experienced enough to last a creative lifetime. But then, why wouldn't the words come?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Demons, Outer Sermons

Ah shit, here we go again...

The Heart is an Arrow, It Demands Aim to Land True