TDM

 Yes, I'm a messiah of the modern world. I save others, generally from simple problems but sometimes, might even have saved lives. And yes, I am dumb. Because of the people who I chose to invest my energy in. Make no mistake, I'm not a glutton for punishment. I stand by my choice of helping people. I'm not stupid, but sometimes I wish I was. And I'm not wrong to do these rescue missions but sometimes I wish I was. It is at times like this when I wish to find flaws in my ways so that I can morally justify it when I never do it again. And spoiler alert, "they're not worth it" is not a good enough reason. It could be that all their lives they were battered and bruised and no one thought they're worth it and now they're rude and prideful and no one thinks they're worth it. And more often than not, this ends up being the case. But sometimes, I come across someone who doesn't appreciate me interfering in their life, so I back off. But is it morally correct for me to step back when their way of life is so obviously unhealthy, not just to them but others around them. What if it's simply unhealthy to me? Am I selfish to try and remake the world in my image? Or am I atleast sane and reasonable enough to be taken seriously? Moreover, is it just me who thinks that I'm justified? Because at the end of the day it all boils down to one thing. Whether or not I am objectively right when placed in front of a society formed by the terms of moral justification unanimously agreed upon by them. More often than not, when you ask yourself this question, you are already different enough than the society for them to not agree with you. The only difference is that its either because they're just turning a blind eye to evil. Or you are. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Demons, Outer Sermons

Ah shit, here we go again...

The Heart is an Arrow, It Demands Aim to Land True