Too many questions, too few answers.

 Oh father, tell me

Do we get what we deserve?

Would God come save me?

Or would wrath fall on me from above?


Oh father tell me, 

Does man act as he should?

Would God be angry?

Or would he help us any way he could?


Would he be humble or arrogant?

Would be listen to our stories?

Would he know about the pain?

The loss I've suffered, would he know this?


Would a beam of light embrace us from heavens?

Or would storms rain down upon us?

Would he bestow the long overdue penance?

Or would he still adore us?


Will he be as human as we are?

Or will he pay no mind?

Would he care about all my crimes?

Or will he remain blind?


Would he be just in his court?

Or would he be like man, selfish?

Is being pure the goal he aims toward?

Or would he not mind the blemish?


Too many questions, too few answers,

Too many doubters, too few believers,

Would all our prayers be answered?

Or would he throw away all procedure?


I have no hopes from him now,

I let go of my last reserve,

But father, I still don't know, 

Do we get what we deserve?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Demons, Outer Sermons

Ah shit, here we go again...

The Heart is an Arrow, It Demands Aim to Land True