I Remember The Day

I remember the day, like it was yesterday,

I remember it exactly, just the way

it went down and I was on the ground,

paralysed, terrified, unable to run away.


Unable to move, to save you from harm,

I was so close to you yet somehow so far.

That day changed the foundation of who we are

to each other, I became the lover from afar.


From a distance I saw, the love, the pain, the games

the things you went through, you'll never be the same.

And I couldn't do anything to help you

for how could I? You didn't even remember my name.


But I remember you, I could never forget

Never pretend to be strangers like we never met

like we never fell for each other but the timing was off,

It felt as if fate never wanted us to have it all.


Yeah, we could've had it all, we could've been lovers,

Could've been each others for all the summers.

Could've been one for the rest of time,

For the rest of eternity, I could've called you mine.


Can I call you mine was the one thing in my head,

You were the reason why I couldn't get out of bed,

Crying all night, waking up with tear stains,

But I was the one to wreck it, still can't wash off the red.


Our love life is dead, our friendship is dead,

Wasted our childhood for the words left unsaid,

All the negativity that we blurted instead,

Dead are those past lives that we led.


Knocked into a different life, we chose different paths,

I ended up at hope, while you chose wrath.

Both of us lost the best thing in this life we could've had,

Or maybe you dodged a bullet and escaped doom, my bad.


It hurts me to see how fragile you are,

How even the littlest wounds leave the biggest scar

Oh how I wish I could help you and be there for you,

But it can only happen in a far away world so bizarre.


Sometimes I wish for a redo on my life,

To save you from suffering, to do what was right.

But time can never mend this wound you left.

So I wait for the shooting stars in the starry night.


All of this wouldn't make sense if I was with someone else,

But loneliness is the feeling that keeps pulling me back into this mess.

Maybe one day we meet again, maybe start again, start fresh,

Or maybe you finally get to exact that long overdue pound of flesh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Demons, Outer Sermons

Ah shit, here we go again...

The Heart is an Arrow, It Demands Aim to Land True