Infected by the virus of hope

I suppose I can say that I am infected by the virus of hope. And it is not nearly as contagious as I'd like it to be. So, as I sit here, isolated from the outsiders, focused on all of these four walls, I was overcome by the oddest sensation. I feel safe here. I feel comfortable here. I feel calm here. And you know what? That thought scared the shit out of me. So I'll be right back from the washroom... Cool, now that I'm back, let's continue.



Being confined to these walls, these walls that have become my sanctuary over the last 2 years, is a scary thought indeed. A lot of my memories, good, bad and the ugly, have taken place right here. But to be confined to these walls is the same as being confined anywhere. Perhaps I am exaggerating how scary the thoughts are but I can't deny that they shook me to my core. When the pandemic started, I never felt that scared because I had faith that it can't harm me. Sure, I took the basic precautions but they were mostly for the people I lived with. However the more I thought about it, someone with health complication such as mine, well it's not the most ideal thing. I am not afraid though. I've got good friends who look after me and here's to living for another century and causing shock and horror to all the homophobes!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Demons, Outer Sermons

Ah shit, here we go again...

The Heart is an Arrow, It Demands Aim to Land True