Is It Right To Be Wrong, Or Is It Wrong To Be Right?

I understand the inner workings of society to some extent, I would say. I have transcended the paramount metrics of existence. The scales we use to judge every action and by extension every human. The eternal debate between two sides of the same coin, destined to forever be together yet doomed to never have any overlapping views. The Right v. The Wrong. We have achieved almost everything that we need for sustenance. Now it's just a quest for purpose, rather than survival. We created society, civilization, laws, government and all the crap to simply pass time. And we created the parameters for what is to be considered right and what is deemed wrong. Simply put, right is whatever is socially acceptable, no matter how barbaric, apartheidic, toxic, degrading, misogynistic, misandrous, or corrupt it may be. If the majority accepts it, it is RIGHT. I, however, don't care much for the segregation of facts into these two piles. No, I don't go around publicly defame the law and the system we have established, because I'm just one man. Can't fight a "majority wins" system alone, now can I? I don't go around telling people to stop caring about what is right or wrong. I know it will come back to haunt me. If I tell someone that cheating on your partner is wrong but you shouldn't care if it's wrong or right, I know I am the perpetrator of the infidelity. We have legislation set in place, and judiciary bodies to uphold those laws because humans simply NEED a metric to measure. To figure out whether to react positively to something or negatively. And I'm not saying the system is wrong, I can't say that because that would make me a part of the system in turn. I simply believe in not letting it run your life for you. "DO what's right" is a great saying but subjectivity is its biggest enemy. What may be right in one situation may not be right in another. But this ideology of right and wrong is deeply embedded and cemented its legacy in playing the biggest hand in the sustenance of civilization. And I do hereby give it its flowers, but I think we are evolved enough by now that we can simply defer to it from time to time rather than make it our life mantra. 


Most of us swear by this, making it our life motto indeed. However justify the wrongs we do in private by simply using the phrase "no one needs to know" as an excuse. I do believe that some things are right and others aren't, and that there's always a gray area but I use different parameters to decide which side it goes. When I put up my metrics against the world's, I found a 45% overlap only. Which concerns me to a great degree. Either the world is 55% wrong in it's own metrics of how to judge itself, or I am. Either way, there's only one side here that is willing to concede should counter evidence be presented. And I really wish that that one side was the world...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Demons, Outer Sermons

Ah shit, here we go again...

The Heart is an Arrow, It Demands Aim to Land True