Not Sure If I've Posted This Already...

 Hello, how've you been?

You're done? What do you mean?

But I need you, can't you see

how much you mean to me?


With the thought of you every morning I rise,

I would go to whatever lengths just to see you smile.

Oh please have some faith in yourself, trust me,

I would keep you happy, if I could have you for a while.


If hell froze over, that would be nice,

For I could join you in heaven for the rest of time,

But even if it doesn't, I'll still break out,

To come back to you, because you are what my life is all about.


If it comes, if it goes, my love you're hurt and it shows

I would take care of you, keep you happy, keep you close,

So let us hit the road, drive to a hilltop and lie on the grass,

Stare at the moon while I stare at you, it's you who I'll always choose.


So take my hoodie, don my shirts,

Feeling this way, for me it's a first,

I don't know what it is that you got,

But no one does what you do, you are all I got.


You see me for who I am and who I was,

You've known me as a naive, gullible, immature fraud.

You've had faith in me when I didn't have it,

Now I do good things simply out of habit.


I wish I had you in my life a decade ago,

Maybe I wouldn't have suffered as much as I did though,

You have the potential to make my life better than ever,

The mere thought of losing you still gives me tremors.


Let me touch your cheek as we lie in bed together,

I wanna freeze time so we stay this way forever,

Oh darling, we look so good together, it feels like fate,

So let's stay together forever, I want it that way.


But you are unaware of my feelings for you,

Because maybe I'm not the one for you,

Maybe because you're not looking at me the same,

With hope and faith and love, as when I look at you...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Demons, Outer Sermons

Ah shit, here we go again...

The Heart is an Arrow, It Demands Aim to Land True