Path of the Heart

 Admiring you becomes a distant daze,

To get you, I ran through the maze

Would we ever be together in this life?

I don't know, I'm still a bastard, and you didn't change your ways.


But maybe that's only so because you're so far

Maybe it works out when we become who we are

Maybe you make me a better man and I illuminate your life

Maybe one day we get together, I pray to a shooting star


The whole is greater than the sum of its parts,

Revive my my faith in love, give it a fresh start

Because you're the reason for the beats of my heart

The one I see when I close my eyes, you are


I am worried I might never find you, I confess

Lately I've been down, I've been dealing with stress

Been waiting for quite a while, I tell you

For someone like you to get me out of this mess


I've been reminiscing, thinking all these thoughts

About the way I used to live back when I had you in my life

The horrible things, the evil voices, the demons that I fought,

My existence became but a curse, an abomination, a blight


A sorrowful sermon that serenaded my past

A melancholy taste on my tongue, a bitter scent in my nose

Guilt in my mid, regrets that are destined forever to last

And through the gut, to my throat, a bile of disgust rose.


The man I was, the myth that I sought, the legend that I burned

The goodwill that I got, filled a sense of fulfilment unearned

It became easier when I tried to change, the tides turned

When I sink in the river with the lessons I learned.


So now it seems that I have grown, or maybe I'm wrong

But one thing is certain, the girl I knew is gone.

Or maybe she's still here, exactly the same, 

But I'd be lying if I said I don't feel the pain


It hurts me to see you so battered and bruised

Worse still to know you did it to yourself too

It would've been magical for you and me to be one

But now, the one who let down the other is you...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Demons, Outer Sermons

Ah shit, here we go again...

The Heart is an Arrow, It Demands Aim to Land True