Hold My Sprite

Goofy and aloof, could be a sign of the times,

Could be from the past when our thoughts used to rhyme,

No heroics, no sacrifice, a harmony of peace echoed around,

The symphony halted at the end, I can't seem to remember why.


The past is the past and best left in the past,

But the past was so sweet, the taste meant to last,

To scrounge and claw our way through the world,

We set out on our way, to watch the world burn.


From angsty teenagers to responsible adults,

From strangers in the rain to lovers in the park,

In suffering together as one, guarding each other,

We learned to truly embrace and accept who we are.


Nothing feels as good as the first one, they say,

But lightning struck twice for me as she showed me the way,

Battered and bruised, I was down in the dungeons back then,

Waiting for someone, to come and take me far far away.


Again and again, the words left her mouth,

Why does no one serenade me with their words so profound,

Hold my sprite, and watch me create the symphony of hope,

Like I did back then, when we reveled in the love that we found


But things change as things pass the tests of time,

We changed as you found your calling and I came into mine,

Leaving the love we had on the table as we soldier on,

Though, sometimes I do feel like maybe just pressing rewind.


We are weak and fragile, as we go on about our days,

That's what makes us humans, as we carve our own ways,

In the sea of robots and a parade of the lifeless,

We trudge through the mud, towards a reward so priceless,

Towards peace and tranquility, to finally make our own place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Demons, Outer Sermons

Ah shit, here we go again...

The Heart is an Arrow, It Demands Aim to Land True