The Beautiful Heart

Heart is a sycophant, does what it wants,

Can't keep up with present, can't be what it was,

Thinking it's all fun and games, don't care for the cost

That life demands, it fills me with remorse.


The poor bastard can't see where it goes,

Can't let go of the life that it knows,

Can't be bothered to evolve and grow,

It's a cruel world, but hell if he knows.


Happiness and pain, they go hand in hand

Love and support is all that it demands

But can't sense when the dark forces creep in

Can't realise when hate and anger seep in.


For all it cares for is love and life,

Not to bed a Betty, but to have a wife,

To nab a heart, is it's only true crime,

Rest have just been misplaced on it over time.


It aches me to say that it may ever be whole,

Never recover the lost part of my soul,

For my heart and I, we have a special bond,

Because only one of us can venture beyond.


The laws of the universe keep me in this realm,

So I try my best to keep my heart at the helm,

For when the day of reckoning comes, my time is up.

And my heart will never ever again have to feel overwhelmed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Demons, Outer Sermons

Ah shit, here we go again...

The Heart is an Arrow, It Demands Aim to Land True