Beyond The Tombstone

To the spirits around me, The Babbling Brook flows silent,

Screaming thy name, Drowning the faint cries of the spent,

Despicable as we are, Loving got us six feet under,

We let our guard down, How long till the pain to fade, I wonder,

Legends never die, they say, Death is not an option,

But here we lay under the dirt, Pain you can't avoid,

Bodies covered with the misdeeds we brought, We brew up a poisonous concoction,

And filled with the fears never spoken, And call it life, just to fill a void,

Grandiose, Apartheid, Genocide, Patricide, Troubling thoughts echo through my mind,

All are guilty, guilty of all, For she is gone, and she left me behind,

Prayers couldn't save us, Life isn't a movie, I cannot rewind,

Hope wouldn't reach us, I want to run far away, run away and hide,

Tears on a frozen cheek, But I won't give up,

Buried under the snow, I know she'd want me to live,

We weep and we weep. So, I weep and weep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Demons, Outer Sermons

Ah shit, here we go again...

The Heart is an Arrow, It Demands Aim to Land True